Turkey dogs in an everything-bagel seasoned bun made with mozzarella, cream cheese and almond flour – 4.5g carbs
I stuck pretty close to the instructions:
1/4 cup almond flour
3 tbsp coconut flour
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp italian seasoning
1 1/2 cup mozzarella
4 tbsp butter
2 tbsp cream cheese
8 turkey dogs —> Original recipe calls for 6 but there’s 8 per package so…
2 tbsp melted butter for brushing
a pinch of everything bagel seasoning per turkey dog —> I couldn’t find any in stores, so i just made my own out of poppy seeds, sesame seeds, and onion and garlic powders.
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a small bowl
- In another bowl combine the mozzarella, cream cheese and 4 tbsp butter. Melt together in the microwave (1.5-2 minutes). Stir until completely combined.
- Add the dry ingredients from step 1 and the egg to the cheese mixture. Mix until combined. It will form a sticky dough.
- Spread the dough out on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper. Slice the dough into 8 approximately even pieces.
- Stretch the dough out into a thin piece (the original recipe suggests to something like a breadstick size, but I went a little smaller since I used more hot dogs) and wrap the hotdog up from one end to the other – like wrapping a bandage.
- Line the wrapped hot dogs up on the baking sheet and brush on the melted butter.
- Add everything bagel seasoning to taste
- Bake for 25 minutes at 375F. The dough should turn golden brown and be very bread-like.