Smear with butter, and you will think you are eating the real thing! Maria Emmerich’s keto bread sports a pleasing crispy crust with a soft, moist center. It’s bread — you know what to do. Savor it warm, straight out of the oven, or freeze, defrost, and toast to perfection…10 m.
- 5 tbsp ground psyllium husk powder
- 1¼ cups almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp cider vinegar
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Bring the water to a boil.
- Add vinegar and egg whites to the dry ingredients, and combine well. Add boiling water, while beating with a hand mixer for about 30 seconds. Don’t over mix the dough, the consistency should resemble Play-Doh.
- Moisten hands with a little olive oil and shape dough into 6 separate rolls. Place on a greased baking sheet. Top with optional sesame seeds.
- Bake on lower rack in the oven for 50–60 minutes, depending on the size of your bread rolls. They’re done when you hear a hollow sound when tapping the bottom of the bun.
- Serve with butter and toppings of your choice.