Keto Cronch Cereal
Nothing makes me happier than an ice cold bowl of milk and something sweet and crunchy in it, poooossibly paired with some kind of 90’s cartoon on a Saturday morning. (I was a cereal kid growing up!)
Super simple recipe I live by for getting that CRONCH when I need it. Leaves a lot of room open for customization, too! I haven’t seen them myself but I wouldn’t doubt if others have similar recipes, but I wanted to share my version of Keto CronchTM , the best dang cereal this side of KetoLandTM . All it’s missing are the artifical colors that tint your milk and the cheesy animated commercial, and we’re set!
Big batch makes 10 servings of 1/2 cup each (Pictured is 2 servings or 1 cup, since it was a meal in itself for me!)
- 1 bag (390g) Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1 cup Chopped Pecans
- 1 cup Sliced Almonds
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Sweetener of choice, adjust as desired
- 2 tsp Cinnamon (pictured)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract (pictured)
- Cacao Nibs
- Cocoa Powder
- Hemp seeds
- Any nuts you want
- Dried fruit
- PB Fit (I’m trying this next time)
- Torani syrups
- Lily’s Chocolate Chips
- Food coloring because hell yeah
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and toss to coat. (Note: If you are using cacao nibs, dried fruit, cocoa powder, chocolate chips, or anything you don’t think should be placed in a blazing hot oven, omit until the very end. Please heed my warning. Burnt cacao nibs are horrible)
- Evenly spread the mix on a foil or parchment paper lined baking sheet and place in the oven.
- DO NOT WALK AWAY this will finish up faster than a high school boyfriend. 5 minutes tops. Once you see signs of Toastiness, begin to toss the mix, putting back in for 20 seconds at a time. When it toasts, it’ll toast FAST.
- Toast until desired Cronch is achieved. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Store as needed. Makes 10 1/2-cup servings. Serve with any low carb or unsweetened milk of choice. Unsweet vanilla almond milk is always my favorite! I also like eating it on top of chia pudding.
You can change anything you want in this recipe since the core of it is just a conglomerate of toasted coconut and nuts. Replace oil with butter if you want. Replace pecans and almonds. (I do not recommend WHOLE almonds, though – that’s just too much chewing for cereal)
Nutrition for a 1/2 cup serving with included ingredients above. Note that adjusting the nuts or adding anything will change these values. Taken from MFP calculations:
- 315 cal
- 29.8g fat
- 4g protein
- 8.8 carb (7.6 fiber) = 1.2 net carbs******
Edits: I’m bad at formatting
******Edit again: My MFP may have bamboozled the net carbs a bit. My coconut was 2carb/2fiber per serving (and coconut is not zero carb! Low carb, but not zero), so unless the entry for MFP was spot on perfecto, I think it’s missing some net carbage. Depending on the type of coconut flakes chosen, the net carbs go anywhere from 1 to 5 per serving. Not a HUGE difference, but if you are strict, please run your calcs on your own as you make it, just to be safe! (SMH why do nutrition labels round down their macros)
Edit edit AGAIN!: Thank you guys SO MUCH for the overwhelming responses!! I was a little nervous posting here. I love keto cooking and have plenty more recipes up my sleeve. Maybe I’ll post more going forward 🙂 hope you all enjoy the food and KCKO!!!