Coconut Flour Flatbread – whips up in 15 min!
- 50g coconut flour
- 1 tsp xanthan gum (or 8g psyllium husk)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup water
- salt and garlic powder to taste
- butter/ghee/oil for frying
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Heat water for 30 seconds in microwave, then add to dry mixture. I found using a regular spoon worked best to mix everything together.
- Form into a dough-ball and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Divide into 4 pieces. Roll or flatten by hand each piece between two pieces of wax/parchment paper. Try to get them as flat as you can because they’re going to condense a little when cooking.
- Get a pan hot on medium heat and place your oil in the pan. Make sure it’s nice and hot!
- Place the flattened dough in the pan and let cook until golden brown (or slightly darker), then flip and allow the same to happen.
That’s it! I swear these cook up in about 15 minutes, and 10 of those are letting the dough rest. It’s so easy I thought I had missed something the first time around.
Nutrition Info: (per naan/flatbread)
- cal: 84
- net carb: 3.6g
- fat: 4.1g
- protein: 2.7g