Blueberry Bread 1.1g Net Carb
I would love to write some quirky little story to go along with the recipe but I respect all y’all’s time too much and I personally hate scrolling through 15 paragraphs of inspiration behind the creation.
Fact is. This is my 4th week of keto and I got bored of the same old same old and I like to cook, so here it goes. Used the base recipe from Keto Connect, improvised the rest.
1 1/2 c blanched almond flour
4 T unsalted butter
1/4 t salt
3 t baking powder
1/4 t cream of tartar
2 t liquid stevia
1 t vanilla extract
1/2 c blueberries
Directions: Preheat oven to 375
- Separate 6 eggs into two bowls.
- In the egg white bowl, add 1/4 t cream of tartar, blend until soft peaks. (About 1-2 minutes)
- In the yolk bowl, add 4T melted butter, 3 t baking powder, 1/4 t salt, 1 t vanilla extract and 2 t liquid stevia. Blend while adding the 1 1/2 c of almond flour 1/3 at a time.
- Pour half of the fluffy egg whites into the mix.
- Pour the last of the egg whites in and softly fold in with a spatula.
- Lightly spray a standard bread pan with the oil of your choice, I use coconut oil cooking spray.
- Pour in half of the mixture, sprinkle in the 1/2 cup of blueberries. Then pour in the rest of the mix. (I pour in a little mix first to prevent the blueberries from sticking to the bottom)
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Set on a wire rack, let cool for 10 minutes before taking out of pan and cutting.
Makes 14 slices.
Macros per slice.
Net Carb 1.1g
Hope it helps satisfy your sweet tooth as much as it does mine.