Keyword brownies, chocolate, Keto, low carb, protein.
Prep Time 10 minutes .
Cook Time 20 minutes.
Total Time 30 minutes.
Calories 107 kcal.
- 7 Tbsp coconut oil melted and divided
- 6 Tbsp erythritol sweeetener(I used Swerve)
- 1 Large egg, at room temperature
- 2 Egg yolks, at room temperature
- 1/2 tsp Mint extract, (optional – leave out if you don’t want mint)
- 5 ounces Sugar free dark chocolate, roughly chopped and divided (I used Lily’s)
- 1/4 cup Plant-based chocolate protein powder *
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt
- 2 Tbsp Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper, leaving some sticking up to use as a handle to get the brownies out of the pan.
- In a medium bowl using an electric hand mixer, beat together 5 Tbsp of the coconut oil, reserving the rest for later, along with the Erythritol, egg, egg yolks and mint extract for 1 minute. The mixture should turn a lighter yellow
- Place 4 oz of the chocolate in a medium, microwave-safe bowl, along with the remaining 2 Tbsp of melted oil. Cook on half power, using 30 second intervals, and stirring between each interval, until the chocolate is smooth and melted.
- While beating, pour the melted chocolate into the egg mixture until thick and well combined.
- Add the protein powder, baking soda and salt in and stir until well combined. Then, vigorously whisk in the almond milk until the batter smooths out a little bit.
- Finely chop the remaining one ounce of chocolate (think the size of mini chocolate chips or a bit smaller) and stir into the batter.
- Spread evenly into the prepared pan and bake until the edges just begin to darken, the center rises a little bit, and an toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 20-21 minutes. Do NOT over bake!
- Let cool in the pan for 20 minutes and then gently use the parchment paper handles to lift the brownies onto a wire rack to cool COMPLETELY.
- Once totally cooled, slice and DEVOUR!